Tuesday 11 March 2014

What the Internet Means to Me

I'm taking part in an online lecture series on web science and this post is really just an excuse to play with free infographic software from Piktochart. 






The web is my go to resource, whatever I need I look for it online first. Whether it’s a phone number, a menu I want to check, directions to somewhere, research for a business project, keeping up with the latest online marketing trends and of course staying in touch with family and friends - the web is my first port of call

The internet plays a critical part in my business plans for the future as online marketing is dependent upon it, but I also realise that a large proportion of small business owners are not yet online or haven't yet embraced social platforms. These are the people I believe I can help the most to promote their business through online and digital channels.


Web Science: How the web is changing the world
Personal impact of the web assignment 
University of Southampton 2014





I am taking part in FutureLearn a pilot series of free, high quality online courses from some of the world’s leading universities and other outstanding cultural institutions.





<< Read the 30 Day Blog Challenge
Day 12 Reflect on your uniqueness