Thursday 16 January 2014

Reflect on your uniqueness



In this digital age, no idea stays unique for long, in fact somebody, somewhere is probably already doing it. And there are hundreds, if not thousands of people like me who have a marketing qualification and want to earn some money from offering their marketing services. So what makes me different? Why should someone do business with me instead of someone else?

When I look in the mirror,
What do I see?
Do I see another Tigger
Staring back at me?

This is me:

  • Bull- free zone: I won’t just tell you what you want to hear and I won’t sell you something you don’t need. I won’t waste your time.
  • Jargon free: I will talk in words that you understand, whatever your level of technical understanding.
  • Practical: I will start by applying the fundamental marketing concepts to create a strong foundation to build on, get the basics right before progressing to the next level.
  • Understanding: I will take the time to understand your business needs and your customers, one size does not fit all.  
  • Affordable: I know small business have small to non-existent budgets, I will work to create a marketing package that fits your resources.
  • Actionable: I will actually implement the strategies and tactical plans and do the marketing work for you, I won’t just write reams of recommendations and then leave you to it. (Action is also my theme for 2014)
  • Educational: Unless you want to learn how to do it yourself?  I will teach you, I can create a training program to suit you and I will share my knowledge and advice with you.
  • Analytical:  Analysing data, results and reports are important to determining success, I want you to see a return on your marketing investment and I will provide you with real facts and figures to demonstrate the results of any activity.
  • Personal: I will treat your customers as if they were my customers.
  • Long term: I am not here to make a quick buck, I want to develop sustainable repeat business built on quality work, satisfied customers and referrals. I want to help business develop long term online success through digital channels.

Is that enough to make me different, have I found my USP? 

I am unique and different because I provide honest and genuine advice, I won’t bullshit you or talk in jargon that you don’t understand. I will listen to you and take the time to understand what your business needs. I will also put my advice into action, not just the strategy and tactical plan but the everyday activities to deliver that plan and provide a report so that you can see the results of your marketing investment. All of which no one else in my field seems to provide; everyone wants to be a consultant, no one wants to be the doer of the grunt work.

Other people aren’t providing this because they don’t have the combination of creative left brain and analytical right brain, (the perfect make-up for a marketeer), it means that I can both implement creative ideas and understand data in detail to draw conclusions of success and recommendations for continuous improvement.

No one else can be like me because I am not here to make a quick buck, but to help small business owners succeed at what they do best. I won’t sell you a service you don’t need, and I will make sure you have the right foundations in place first, on which to build a long term digital marketing approach to help your business succeed online.   

What do you think? Does this set my apart from the crowd?

 I’m taking part in the Suitcase Entrepreneur’s 30 Day Blog Challenge, to create freedom and adventure in life. Day 12 “What is your USP, Unique Special Proposition that sets you apart from the crowd?”