Saturday 8 January 2011

How are the resolutions going?

I don’t know about you but one week into the new year and I don’t seem to have done too well on my 4P resolutions…I haven’t yet Published a blog this year for a start and I still have all 30 things on my 30 before 30 list to complete!

So what have I been doing instead? Well I have to confess I have been sleeping a lot to recover from all the indulgence over the festive period. Which could actually be classed as putting a tip into Practice as according to Arianna Huff getting enough sleep is the secret to success. In her presentation at TED Women (see the video here)  she says "The way to a more productive, more inspired, more joyful life is getting enough sleep. We are literally going to sleep our way to the top -- literally!"

I’ve also spent some time reading, finishing off James Herbert’s latest crime novel about a killer with a shoe fetish – gripping stuff! I’ve also made a start on Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe, I love reading and I want to read more classics (and thats number 29 on the list). I’ve indulged in some sales shopping and pampering so really this can all be classed as Passion – doing things I enjoy!

That only leaves People and I am making plans to see some family this afternoon so upon reflection I haven’t done that badly, especially now as I am publishing this blog post.
I’ve achieved much more in a week than I thought, just by doing the things I enjoy!
An added bonus is that I haven’t bitten my nails all week thanks to some new nail varnish J
  
How are your resolutions coming along? Have you broken any yet? Have you ticked off anything on you bucket list – would love to hear from you!